>> At this stage I'm looking for a "Yes, in principle we like the idea, but
>> show me how you do feature XYZ" from other devs. At which point I'll flush
>> out more code this would probably lead to an RFC for your approval.
>

> Seems like no one is interested.

yeah, apparently.

(unrelated: thanks for the ioctl patch - mrec also pointed me in the
right direction).

> BTW, since every DVB-S2 demod is also a DVB-S demod, why does
> no one split the DVB-S parts of their driver for merging
> first? It would make the users happy as it would change the
> state from "card not supported" to "card works for 95% of existing
> transponders". (Dunno how this fits into this thread but...)

It doesn't fit into the thread, but you're welcome to raise it. DVB-S
only, I did that during late 2005, prior to adopting multiproto. Quickly
it was clear that the community was behind Manu's project so I dropped
it and started modifications for multiproto.

Since then I've pushed back on the idea (in hindsight for way too long)
because multiproto was close to completion for so long.

In reality, that was a year ago and maybe it's time to revisit DVB-S
support for the HVR4000. Given the current political climate I think I
like that idea. I'll rework the driver and present a patch later this week.

I can't speak for Manu's STB0899 driver.

- Steve