Zitiere Michael Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> transponders is rather low. It is enough to get a lock, but sometimes
> the
> lock is lost. Which is of cause not a problem of the driver, but I
> experience strange behaviour in that cases, which range from outcom
> errors
> to StopHwFilter errors, Frozen pictures that do not recover after the
> lock
> is back and Arm crashes.
>
> One problem often occurs is that if I use DEMUX_STOP/close on my
> filedescriptors for things like pmt/pat/eit after the lock gets lost, it
> is
> sometimes not possible to re-establish the demux with open/DEMUX_START
> again. From time to time the kernel logs 'StopHWFilter error's, but not
> always. Most of the time in that cases I get those outcom errors (or
> timeouts).

There is a similar problem with the siemens card (mine is a Rev. 1.3) -
the thread is "problems without signal connected", which is very similar.
(using linux-dvb.2003-06-08.tar.bz2 at a plain 2.4.20 kernel)

I have exaclty the same problem as above outcom, HWFilter, Arm crashs
+ kernel oops'es in various modules (that seems to be random)
+ keyboardtable get's crashed (mouse stays often usable),
+ no more processes can be startet
+ there seem to be problems with a steady higher sysload than with lock
- it seems anything go's haywire :-((

Think it would be nice, if the driver/firmware/card stays stable no matter
what's at the inputs, even if fed by wrong data (eg damaged mpeg streams) but
kernel crashes???

Any idea to track that down? Is it a problem with the firmware or the driver itself?

--
Info: