I would REALLY apprecate any help or insght you might have on this. thank you very much for your consideration.

What oscillator values does your LNB use?

The last time I tried to use dvbtune in the US I had to change the hard coded defines from 9.750 / 10.6 GHz to match my US specific LNB (usually 10.6 for both high and low, could be 10.750 or 11.250), then recompile etc.

The LNB converts 10-12GHz signals down into l-band 1-2 GHz. The tuner on the card technically tunes to l-band. That should match the number you're seeing.

Check your LNB and make sure the dvbtune defines match those values.

Steve

I just added to dvbstrean from cvs the options -SL, -L1 and -L2 (all must be divided by 1000, e.g. -SL 9750)
to permit the user to specify the LOFs, defaulted to the universal LNB ones.
Notice that setting sensible values is user's responsability , so don't expect any check by dvbstream.