Hi folks,

I have a weird problem with my remote control. It only works if I either play
a channel before (e.g. mplayer dvb://...) or if I remove all the cx88 modules
and install cx88-dvb again.
I had a look at this using the parameter ir_debug=1 with cx88xx, so I am
pretty sure that this is not a problem with lircd or something else.

Ok, this was the short version. Here is the full information.
The DVB card is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-Plus
Kernel 2.6.16, compiled from source
Debian unstable
v4l-dvb package from 5.5.2006, with the nova-s-plus patch installed

After starting the box, the following modules (amongst others...) are
installed:
        cx8800
        cx8802
        cx88-alsa
        cx88-blackbird
        cx88-dvb
        cx88-vp3054-i2c
        cx88xx
I do not know if I need all these, but they are just loaded while booting. In
fact, I don't know why... (Later more about that.)
The remote control does not work and there are no messages from cx88-input in
syslog.
After I watch TV (e.g. mplayer DVB://...), the remote control works and there
are messages from cx88-input in syslog.
I first thought that there are some modules loaded by using mplayer, but I
diff'ed the result of lsmod before and after the mplayer command. There was
no difference.

I then played around with installing/deinstalling modules. I have found the
following:
When I deinstall all the cx88 modules, the IR does not work any more. I
believe that this is ok... :-)
After inserting cx88-dvb again, also the modules cx8802, cx88-vp3054-i2c and
cx88xx are installed. The IR works again.
Installing cx8800 does not make any difference.
After installing cx88-alsa, the remote does not work any more and lircd goes
mad writing lot of stuff into syslog. Simply deinstalling cx88-alsa does not
help, I need to remove and insert cx88-dvb again.

I then thought that this is not that a big problem. I tried to just leave
cx88-alsa out using modconf. However, when I restart the box, cx88-alsa is
back in...

Can someone help here? I don't believe that cx88-alsa should interfere with
the remote control, but maybe there is a reason... I could also live with a
solution not to load cx88-alsa, but I don't know how not to load it.

Thanks&Regards,
    Thorsten