Since the most recent build of the v4l-dvb modules I have not been able to rmmod dst without the -f (force) option. dst is removed with -f, but then I am completely unable to rmmod dvb-bt8xx, even with -f. It returns:
ERROR: Removing 'dvb_bt8xx': Device or resource busy
but 'lsmod | grep dvb-bt8xx' returns:
dvb_bt8xx              18052  0
dvb_core               80552  1 dvb_bt8xx
bt878                  11048  1 dvb_bt8xx
dvb_pll                14724  1 dvb_bt8xx
bttv                  172404  2 dvb_bt8xx,bt878
firmware_class         10496  2 dvb_bt8xx,bttv
i2c_core 21520 8 dvb_bt8xx,dvb_pll,tuner,bttv,tveeprom,nvidia,i2c_viapro,i2c_algo_bit

which makes me think dvb-bt8xx isn't being used by anything. What would cause this module to be busy?

At this point my abilities in linux make rebooting the only option to re-insmod the dvb modules.

Thanks for any help with this.

Dave