[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello thomas,
please forgive me, this is a webmail client.
thomas schorpp writes:

Michael Hunold wrote:

this is a known issue with the analogtuner part of siemens dvb-c, ive stated that in my mail with my patch, the tuner code is buggy and may oops with tvtime or kdetv, cause of their driver access/capture behaviour.

Even when the application uses the API in a very "creative" way, it should never result in an oops. Something is not correctly handled or initialized, probably in my saa7146 vbi code.

This is about VBI capture on the *analog* parts of a DVB-C card, ie. on
the analog cable channels that can be viewed through the saa711x on the
saa7146 input channel b.
What is the current status anyway? Did somebody ever got this to work?

yes, see list archives and attachment. CVBS imput and tuning is working here fine with xawtv since i created the patch. the patch was created to be able to use the saa7113 input from the analog card extension board, i suggested to plug in an old VHS or other as tuner, since the tda9819 analog part of the siemens card is low analogtv-demodulation quality anyway...

I know that tuning and using the cvbs input works, but I'm particularly interested if VBI capturing ever worked.
So: did anybody use VBI capturing on the analog input of a DVB-C card yet?

If not, then the easiest "fix" is to remove V4L2_CAP_VBI_CAPTURE from
struct saa7146_ext_vv av7110_vv_data_c in av7110_v4l.c

objection, thats no solution so far.

I did not mean to remove support for analog tv completely, just for the vbi capturing parts. I tried to get it to work in 2004, but gave up when I realised that the saa7113 and the saa7146 probably don't play together. IIRC it was not possible that the BRS of the saa7146 correctly syncronizes to the saa7113 output. If nobody has tried to get it to run since then, then I vote for doing the "fix" I described in the other mail.
Best regards
Michael Hunold.

ah ok. thats another thing. capture to file using xawtv with streamer has worked, if its that what You mean... but I've got no more old VHS movies to sample...

I vote for OOPS removal too ;)

tom