Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> BTW: I think it should go back to being "dvbscan"... the reason it was
> changed
> from scan->dvbscan in the first place was because it was clashing with
> another util called "scan". ATSC users are using the DVB subsystem after
> all...
>
> Unless someone can suggest another name?

I think calling all dvb/atsc software by the prefix "dvb" is sufficient.
 As Andrew has already mentioned, the kernel subsystem is called the
"DVB" subsystem.  ATSC stuff uses the DVB API ....

if we don't want to call it 'scan' then let's just call it 'dvbscan' ...
 this is good enough, and I dont think it will be confusing for atsc users.

The only thing that could lend to any confusion at all is the fact that
the old version of dvbscan does not support atsc, but the new version
does.  How do we fix this?  bump up the version number.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky