Dominik Kuhlen wrote:
> Hi,
> On Friday 22 September 2006 13:15, Roland Mieslinger wrote:
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> looks like we're doing the same. I've started a driver for pctv452 too, but
>> belive that I'm a bit behind (I can only init the device on usb connect).
> I use the init values from stb0899 driver, I think there should be no
> critical (breaking the device if set incorrect) values.
> Maybe some timing stuff is set differently.

Timing is all calculated in the tuning algorithm. so shouldn't matter
much, rest DVB-S2 specific things are all very much clock speed dependent.

>> Should we try to share afford?
> Sure, if you like I can send you (or to the list if others are also
>  interested) my code and diffs I have done so far:

Would be nice

> -Setting LNB voltage and sending DiSEqC should work.

This depends upon the board configuration, different boards are using
different setup 's.

> -Tuning does not work yet, stb6100 functions do not get called.

I currently use a TDA8261 PLL based tuner not the STB6100 and hence.
Some more refinements going on.

> -Hot-unplug is not supported (oopsing kernel).

Hmm .. the driver is not yet released .. very much in pre-alpha state
where some people are contributing as well. Quite a few more things to
be done.

Manu