Scott wrote:
> Okay, I think I'm at the end of my rope. I can _reduce_ the frequency of
> pci_abort messages on my FusionHDTV5 RT Gold by:
>
> A) In BIOS, setting my DDR2 667 memory to run at DDR2 533
> B) In BIOS, setting the default PCI Bus Latency to 32 instead of 64
>
> But, I cannot eliminate them. Regardless of the bios tweaks and kernel
> tweaks I've tried they never go away completely. Maybe I'm expecting to
> much? Is it normal for the current driver to occasionally report a
> pci_abort? For me occasionally appears to be between 1 and 3 times every
> hour the tuner is busy recording.

I have the original FusionHDTV5 Gold, and also the FusionHDTV5 RT Gold.
(each in a different machine) I have never seen anything like this on
any of my hardware.

I have a bunch of other cards based on the cx2388x, including:

FusionHDTV3 Gold-T, KWorld HardwareMpegTvXpert, and some others....
These pci_abort messages never happen to me.

Do you have another motherboard that you can try?  It sounds to me like
this problem is specific to your platform.

Sorry,

Michael Krufky