Hi Oliver!

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 03:19:36 +0200
Oliver Endriss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> bubbled:

> Martin Zwickel wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I have a small problem:
> > I get no audio from my DVB-S card since a few months.
> > But I can't remember what could have changed that.
> >
> > There is no audio from the jack, nor from my Aux-In Mixer.
> > Everything else works as expected (at least with vdr), I can tune,
> > set filters, watch TV, ... but no audio from the HW.
> > I'm already thinking about a DAC issue...
> >
> > I'm using kernel 2.6.18, v4l-hg latest and alsa. Also the av7110
> > firmware is the latest, but also tried older ones.
> >
> > My card pci info:
> > 00:0c.0 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
> >         Subsystem: 13c2:0000
> >         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
> > ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+
> > ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
> > Latency: 64 (3750ns min, 9500ns max) Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ
> > 5 Region 0: Memory at dfffac00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
>
> If you cannot get any sound out of the 3.5mm audio jack of the card,
> and
> - cable is ok
> - sound is not muted [vdr]
> - sound is not set to digital output [vdr audio menu]
> your card is probably broken.

Cable is ok, vdr unmuted, analog output ... :(

> Hm - you have a Technotrend mail address, and TT is the manufacturer
> of those cards. They should be able to fix it...

At least I work for them :) But I wonder why it should be broken
somehow. I thought it could be a software problem, something that I
missed during the last year.
Now it's time to use my solder iron ... ;)

Thanks anyway!

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
Interference between the keyboard and the chair.

Martin Zwickel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>