I just checked my setup. I actually just have the audio connected directly to the motherboard line in jack.

Alsa 'capture' settings are
Line = Capture
Capture = Capture
Capture volume = 0.  You can bump this up but I get clipping.

You can get a VU meter by running
arecord -f dat -D plug:dsnoop -v -v -v /dev/null

If that works and you already have aplay working, you can use
arecord -f dat -D plug:dsnoop | aplay

Perhaps some GPIO might enable the sound cable on the dvico card, I don't know. Does it work under windows if you use the audio cable?

John.

Anthony Giggins wrote:
Yes I have the same card as you John

Vendor ID:           0x14f1
Device ID:           0x8800
Subsystem ID:        0xdb1018ac

Please let me know your alsa setting I have tried everything :(