> First, try differene resolutions on your monitor. It should not make a
> big difference, but if it does, changing the VGA/DVI cable to DVI/VGA
> or to a different of the same type could help out a bit.

I need to run at 1920x1080_50Hz on the DVI (to HDMI) to make full use
of the Monitor. All other resolutions are really just of just academic
interest , and intermediate solutions.

Yes, and that is my point exactly. If the noise comes from the DVI
output circuit, you could possibly improve it by changing to a
different cable. You can check this by just swapping resolutions. This
is just for the academic part of the equations.

As a sidenote, maybe you can even get a better image using VGA cable.
I have that with my projector. It is 720p, but running 720p into the
projector on the HDMI causes it to scale the image so that it cuts the
edges. This because some service providers send out crappy picture
with artifacts along the sides, and Sony decided that it was best to
just do some scaling and remove it. With VGA I get no such scaling,
and a 1:1 pixel ratio.

-Morgan-