Hello,

Sorry, I don't have a solution but just wanted to share my problem report. It is quite similar to your case.

I have VIA EPIA M10000 system running Linux 2.6.21.x kernel (pretty recent, less than month old). Every now and then VDR system seems to hang and I can see the same "usb control message out went wrong" in dmesg messages. If I quite VDR back to console, it is veeery slow.

However, I can login through SSH and the other session works just fine (not vdr, but the console) so I can do "rmmod dvb-usb-vp7045" to remove the Twinhan Alpha USB tuner module and the VDR session works again just fine. However, the tuner doesn't seem to recover until I disconnet it from USB cable and re-connect. After the USB re-connection and "modprobe dvb-usb-vp7045" VDR works again so no need to reboot the whole system.

Sometimes I have seen this message from Twinhan USB integrated remote control also. It could be that certain key doesn't work and everytime I press that key "message out went wrong" is shown in dmesg. However, usb disconnect-reconnet and module unload/load recovers that.

I have seen reports from other USB devices that some devices had problems when USB write/read commands were sent too fast. A short delay between subsequent USB (or was it I2C) commands had solved those problem. Unfortuantely I have no idea where to add such a delay for this device so can't verify whether that would solve the problem with dvb-usb-vp7045 and Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T stick.

Best regards,
Mike N

Lukas Klotz wrote:
I've include the dvb_usb_vp7045 to my runvdr.
dmesg tells me that the Stick works.
I can switch to channels and record.
Unfortunately after an undefined time (=once after 22 minutes, once after 57 minutes) the vdr is not more accessable.
The OSD hangs.
If this happens this message is in the log:
user.err kernel: vp7045: USB control message "out" went wrong
The only way is to reboot the vdr.
Any ideas?