Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 17:21:07 schrieben Sie:
> Le mercredi 18 juillet 2007 16:13, Uwe Bugla a écrit :
> > 2. Kaffeine's channel lists should not be sorted by a couple of numbers
> > that absolutely do not make any sense.
> > The sorting should be alphabetically in the first place, then using
> > numbers. In a kaffeine channel list it's quite horrible to find a desired
> > channel that you want to watch.

Dear Christophe, first of all a thousands of thanks for your pretty nice
hints :)

> You can click on list headers to set sorting.
> Numbers are quite useful and easy to remember (at least for most viewed
> channels). You can change a channel' number by selecting the channel in
> list then clicking again to edit.
> Anyway, i don't know of any good method to quickly find a channel in a list
> of thousands :)

The alphabetic order is the most reliable one, no matter if the total number
of channels is 10, 100 or even 1000 or more.

As an addition a bookmark system to sub-categorize the found channels would
be "close to perfection." :)

As kaffeine is not too well documented :( the alphabetic order only does
appear in the editor mode, not in the watching TV or radio mode.

> So you may want to delete useless channels (take a look,
> you will find a lot :) to reduce the list length.

This also should be done automatically (double and triple appearances,
channels without a valid name appearing as "unknown" etc.).
The primary direction should be: as little user inputs as necessary.

> You can also take advantage of categories to group channels and so deal
> with smaller lists.

Never even tried that as I am missing features like this one in a proper
documentation.

> P.S.
> Kaffeine svn has a search field in channels list.

P. S.: femonspeak is real working fine. If I find some time to do I will
extend the spoken wav-part by two other core languages: German and French.
Then will produce a Debian package to imply that tool into my TCL/TK project I
am busily working on (which is trilingual at the current state of
development).

Uwe

Master question 1:
When I run a kaffeine channel scan I never stumble across "filter timeout pid"
errors.

When I do the same with "scan" out of the dvb-utils-package, filter timeouts
appear very often and the scan result is neither mediocre nor even reliable,
with or without the parameter -5. It's just utmost "crappy"!

So please where is the clue in kaffeine's source code that makes its channel
scan perform so well and reliable (well: I would not say perfect, but still
far much better than "scan" ever was!)?

Master question 2:
In a channel scan result there are channels that are declared CA but are FTA
and vice versa.
How can this be corrected automatically?
My proposal would be:
List the channels by SID in a database or something similar, then correcting
the CA-flag automatically.