Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2007 21:43:46 schrieb Peter Magellan:
> On 7/29/07, Nicolas Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > All contributors,
> >
> > First, thanks for your work, very much appreciated, indeed.
> >
> > So do not take the following as a flame, it is not a flame.
>
> It's not a flame, it's pointing the obvious truth that Open Source /
> Community does not work for Lunix DVB.
>
> > But I'm getting lost.
> >
> > I do not know anymore what works for what, what doesn't, the patching
> > order, what has been committed to the v4l-dvb tree, or not.
>
> That is not only a problem of Linux DVB but of Linux in general.
>
> Status of what works
>

> Nothing
>
> Status of what doesn't work, with possible reason
>

> Almost everything

Please do not generalize! :)

There are hundreds of real fine and good unnamed people out there doing a
pretty good job. Without their contributions it would never be possible to
keep up any kind of infrastructure.
So please do never mix up this positive majority with some idiots @linuxtv.org
who are in the centre of criticism out of their nasty habits and politics
(Chehab, Abraham, Siegert and others).

Fact is that the two core kernel maintainers do seem to live in a kind of
ivory tower.

And do not forget the golden rule:
Every fish starts stinking at the head down to the tail!

> Dated links to patches, with description
>
> > Once those patches are committed, date of the commit
>
> It's not Xmas yet...
>
> Note to timecop: no, I will not use MCE
>

> You show how narrow-minded you are if you think MCE is the only other
> alternative.

YES!