Sven Mueller wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running my vdr on an up-to-date (with respects to BIOS) ASUS
> mainboard P5VD2-X with an Intel Pentium DualCore E2160 (a 65Watts
> dualcore at 1800MHz). Kernel version is 2.6.18-4 (from Debian/ctvdr6).
> The system has two IDE disks (with DMA enabled of course) and both a
> budget (Nova-S) and a full featured (Nexus-S, rev. 1.5 IIRC) DVB-S PCI card.
>
> If I boot 2.6.18-4-486 (which is a non-SMP kernel so only one core is
> used), my vdr works perfectly nice. However, when I boot 2.6.18-4-686 or
> any other SMP kernel (self-built or not, with Debian/ctvdr patches or a
> stock kernel up to version 2.6.22, I tried everything apart from diving
> into the code myself), I get the error message quoted in the subject
> line (in syslog):
>
> kernel: dvb-ttpci: warning: timeout waiting in LoadBitmap: 0, 1
>
> And vdr seems to retry loading the Bitmap (as further messages of the
> kind appear until I kill vdr and remove+reload the DVB kernel modules).
> The error isn't 100% reproducible but usually occures when I try to open
> vdr's on-screen menu. Once the first message of that kind occures, vdr
> isn't responsible to keyboard/LIRC inputs anymore.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this problem? I would really love to be able to use
> both cores of my CPU and still have a working vdr.
>
> "lspci -v" output for the DVB-S cards:
>
> 04:04.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH
>                    Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB card
>                    rev1.3 or rev1.5
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 50
>         Memory at dfeff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
>
> 04:06.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH
>                    Technotrend-Budget/Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S DVB card
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 233
>         Memory at dfefe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
>
> "/proc/interrupts|grep -E 'dvb|saa'" says:
>  50: 1288508186   IO-APIC-level  saa7146 (1)
> 233:   42658103   IO-APIC-level  saa7146 (0)
>

> I don't know which hardware interrupts those are mapped from/to and
> currently don't know how to find out.
>
> If you need any further data to give a helpful answer, don't hesitate to
> ask.

Which firmware are you using?
A log showing driver startup might be useful.

Does OSD work fine before the error occurres?

Does the VDR recover if you wait some time (1 or 2 minutes) before you
press the next key?

You might also try whether this driver improves things:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring/

CU
Oliver