On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Michael Krufky wrote:

> >> I did that and it looks good - at least I can switch to the channels
> >> again and can grab a picture inside vdradmin, I am a bit too far away
> >> from my VDR currently :)
> >
> > N' joy :)
>
> Manu,
>
> Do you have a spec for that demod?  If so, would you kindly update the driver
> so
> that users don't have to worry about this issue?

The spec sheet for the TDA8083 is available, but it's the tuner that controls
the input frequency range.  The demod doesn't know what frequency the signal
was at before the tuner.

It looks like the TDA8083 is used along with a TSA5522 PLL in a Grundig
29504-451 NIM.  The TSA5522 datasheet says its RF input frequency range is 64
to 1400 MHz.  The TSA5522 is configured to use a 1/16 MHz step size, but the
code is using a 1/8 MHz step size.  So, the tuner probably has a divide by 2
prescaler.