Manu Abraham wrote:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> After a disappointing multiproto debate on IRC today I've decided to
>> remove the ~stoth/multiproto and ~stoth/HVR4000 trees from linuxtv.org.
>> I no longer support the multiproto patches and I'm seeking alternative
>> ways to deliver the HVR4000 S2 driver to the community.
>>

> How come putting the tree from jusst.de to linuxtv.org/hg/~user/ is going to
> help ? I can't understand your arguments that you made on IRC.

You did good things when multiproto was first discussed. You ran with
the project, you took negative and positive feedback and tried to figure
out the best route to success. You were (fairly) positive and I believed
that building drivers on your framework changes was a good thing. The
group was noisey but the general feeling was that multiproto had merit
and would bring good things.

That was in the past.

Sadly, multiproto now comes bundled with too much baggage for me to
support it. The group is fractured and splintered, infighting is common
and multiproto (and the baggage/politics surrounding it) is part of that
problem.

I tried to salvage the project a number of times but you can't find a
way to bring the patches back to the community at linuxtv.org. I hope
you find peace in your soul and can settle the issues you have with Mauro.

Anyway, sadly, I had to drop support for the HVR4000 via your patches
and I'll have to find a way to reimplement support via another mechanism.

You're on you own.

- Steve