Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Manu Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> @ all
>>
>> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> FYI: as you can see from my picture posted earlier in this thread, I do
>>> not have a CI board attached to the card.
>>>
>> Can you guys apply these two patches to the current multiproto head
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/7625057db2b6
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/600876f4508f
>>
>> and check whether any issues still ?
>
> this morning applied the patches to changeset 5890 (74d544ae8190),
> modprobe problem is hard to reproduce, so i don't know if it's finally
> fixed or not, but the time will show that.
>
> locking is still very unreliable, maybe even more unreliable than
> before, because on the tests i run with patched changeset 5890 i got:
>
> 91 locks out of 100 tries on Astra 19.2E, DVB-S, NRJ Hits
> 90 locks out of 100 tries on Astra 19.2E, DVB-S2, Pro7HD
>
> actually it's the worst result on DVB-S2 i got till now, i always got
> less than 10 failures till now.

Ok (i was though expecting a better result)
Some questions:

* Does reverting changeset 5887 make any difference for you ?
* Does changing SearchRange (in stb0899_drv.c) up and down
   change situations for you (better/worser) ?

I have some thoughts, but to get the clarification the relevant
person will be back after the 29th this month only. But that
shouldn't be a show stopper for the tests.

Will think of possibilities of other issues as well. All you guys are
having similar results ? Or should i wait for some more test results
before starting to pull out hair again ?

Manu