Manu Abraham wrote:
> Simon Hargreaves wrote:
>
>> What dvb tuning command line utilities are there for linux at the
>> moment? The options I have a zap, but this does not tune to a service ID
>> it requires specified video and audio pids, or dvbtune which although
>> will tune into a service id it doesn't set the dvr0 device up for TS
>> recording as well as locking the device so no other process can access
>> it. My programme is set up to do recording directly from the dvr0 data
>> stream, this used to work on my old kernel version but since updating my
>> system to use 2.6.22 it now longer appears to work.
>> The only options appear to be coding my own command line interface to
>> the dvb device, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.
>>

> You can take a look at
>
> zap: http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/file/bd51e3321c05/util/zap/
> or gnutv: http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/file/bd51e3321c05/util/gnutv/

gnutv does look very close what I want, it gives a wide range of options
for setting up TS recording and enabling the output of an onboard mpeg
decoder which is perfect. Unfortunately I need TS recording and video
output from the the onboard decoder at the same time, which it doesn't
seem to do.
I've looked through the source code for gnutv but can't find where it
sets the device up for hardware decoding. If I could find it I would be
able to set it up an additional option to do both, but I can't find
where it does device control.

Thanks
    Simon...