I'm still having the same problem with my NANO2 as well. Managed to
use a workaround:

1. Removed the dvb_usb_cxusb module using rmmod
2. Connected the USB device into a VMWare instance running XP
3. The Windows driver seems to bootstrap the firmware..
4. Disconnected from vmware
5. did a 'modprobe dvb_usb_cxusb'
6. The device gets recognised as having a zl10353 ;)

I'm using 2.6.21.1 with the xc-bluebird.patch

-- Eugene