Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:35:49PM +0000, Vangelis Nonas wrote:
> > My problems are:
> > - When I scan the same transponder more than once, sometimes I get some
> > services, sometimes I get no services.

I have never tried to scan with the SkyStar HD.

> > - When I zap (with szap2) to a station more than once, sometimes I get a
> > lock, sometimes I get no lock.

I have the same problem. I was trying to tune to ProSieben 100 times today. And
I got only 11 successful locks.
The signal strengt should be ok, as I have no problems to tune this
channel with other DVB-S cards...

Here is a little script to do such tests:
http://www.makhutov.org/downloads/dvb/tune.sh

You need this szap (http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/szap.c) and this
patch (http://www.makhutov.org/downloads/dvb/szap.patch) to make the script
work.

Has anyone any ideas why the tuning failes so often? Is it a problem of
szap or the driver itself? I heard, that this card works perfect with VDR for
other users...

> > - I have also tried with vdr 1.4.7(old DVB API) and 1.5.14 (new dvb API).
> > Both versions can tune to only one channel, the "Active" channel from
> > previous vdr shutdown. When you change channel the signal is lost. I
> > suppose it relates to the zap problem.

I have not tried out VDR with the SkyStar HD. I will run some tests
during the next week.

Regards, Artem

--
Artem Makhutov