I have three diseqc switches, all different models, they all behave in
this way. The PC also has three Skystar 2 (non HD) card and they all
have trouble with these switches. I had hoped that because the Skystar
HD2 has its own power supply separate from the PCI bus, that might
help, but no.

My Technomate TM1000 receiver has no problems with any of the switches.

Different subject: I want to modify dvbstream to be able to tune the
SkyStar HD2, is there any information on the changes to the API? I
have tried to follow the changes made to szap.c, but so far without
any success in terms of getting dvbstream to tune.

Tim.