Jean-Pierre Dion wrote:
Hi Jose,

thank you for the feedback.

We took your remarks into account and we are doing some perfs with
iozone (close to desktop activity, mono-thread) and ffsb (allows to run benchs
in a multi-thread activity like a server does, different blocks sizes...).

We compare ext3 and ext4 (with extents, w/ and w/o del alloc...)...

We will publish the results on bullopensource.org

Hi Jean-Pierre,

While it may be to late for the purposes of your OLS paper, one thing that doesn't seem to be getting much attention is the performance of a file system while doing many meta-data operations or throughput testing during heavy journal log activity. I believe that IOzone is very limited in testing this and FFSB isn't much better at it either. Eventually, I plan to add support in FFSB to create workload profile were one can select a weight balance of these types of operations.

Is this something that you are already doing for this round of testing?

-JRS
-