On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 12:38:36PM -0500, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> Happy New Year list!
> I am new to the list and a first time user of FAI but a long time user of
> Debian.
> I have several machines comming in that have no floppy and the motherboard
> doesn't support PXE boot.
> I'm wondering if there is a script like "make-fai-bootfloppy" for usb
> sticks?
> If not, does anyone know how I can make one? (Instructions on a site or
> wiki).

Hmm, most likely this won't work. Iff your boxes are old enough to not
support PXE they most likely won't support booting from USB media. In my
experience you'd at least need a lot of tweaking (BIOS updates etc.).

Another thing worth mentioning: for all my USB-booting boxes (several
laptops by different manufacturers) i needed to modify the initrd
creation ...

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes