Thomas Lange wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:38:18 -0300, Marcelo Santana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

    > sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
    > /dev/cciss/c0d0: unrecognized partition table type
    > No partitions found
The problem is that your disk contains no (MSDOS) disk label. Most hard
disks that you can buy are normally preformatted with an MSDOS disk
label. You can create a disk label by running fdisk or cfdisk or
parted once.

fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d0
then type:

    > Probing disks:  /dev/cciss/c0d0
    > Disks found:
It's not  good that there's no disk name after "Disk found".

That is one of the problems I had with our HP servers. Some of those machines weren't ship with msdos labels or any other labels...and partitioning failes...

how could we come over this problem via fai?

if you need another disk label you have to set it via partition.$CLASS anyways. And sfdisk is sometimes stupid for this.

Regards,

\sh