Please reply with a dmesg so I can see what sort of hardware is detected by the FAI kernel.

Thanks!

--zach

On Jan 16, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Carl Caum wrote:

Hello all. I'm using FAI to deploy Ubuntu and have gotten some new Dell core 2 duo machines to deploy. I've never been able to use USB keyboards during an FAI installation. I've never cared because I could easily plug in a PS/2 keyboard. However the new Dell's do not have PS/2 ports on them and I suddenly am in need of figuring out why USB keyboards don't work. I'm running fai-server version 2.10.5 with 2.6.15.6-ubuntu1-fai-kernels_1_i386 for running install kernel. My pxelinux.cfg/default file looks like:

default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-2.6.15.6-ubuntu1-fai-kernels
append ip=:::::: nfsroot=(boot_server_ip):/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot- ubuntu FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,syslogd,reboot,createvt

Any ideas?