Hello Thomas,

On Friday 02 February 2007 23:01, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Wouldn't it be easier to use a USB memmory stick with write
>     > protecktion for this?
>
> I did not managed to boot the fai-cd from USB stick yet. Does anybody
> succeed in this? Any help is welcome. I hope to replace mkinitrd-cd
> with a new boot technic for fai-cd this year.
No succeed with grub (Not fai and no other CD with the grub loader)! But
Knoppix works well and from a USB stick in the same environment. Also
debian and DebianLive works fine as I remember.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/

I think the difference is that they use isolinux insted of grub. Also
that technic is near to the pxe booting! So may be you can swap to
isolinux?  Then we can also boot the CD Image from network like Knoppix
may be with the option toram. :-)

bye Andreas

PS: I will test the CD if you have any solution and will report if you
need help.