Michael Tautschnig wrote:
I'm running 3.1.6. After running the command and some downloading the script produces an error...

[apt doing stuff.....]
Calling apt-move
/usr/bin/fai-mirror: line 319: $pfile: ambiguous redirect
overlord:/srv/fai/config/package_config#

Is this something I've done wrong or a problem with the script?

Definitely a problem of the script as it should deal with such situations
properly, but in essence it means that

pfile=$(find $mirrordir/dists -name Packages)

returns more than one match (or none?)

Could you try this find command manually after the script has failed? $mirrordir
is the directory you are using for creating a mirror.

Thanks,
Michael
Sure enough, it was finding two dists.
/srv/fai/mirror/dists/etch/main/binary-i386/Packages
/srv/fai/mirror/dists/etch/main/binary-amd64/Packages

I use this machine to do fai installations for both 32bit and 64bit machines. Originally I set things up on original machines and copied them over. I was hoping to make things work on a single machine without having to set things up on two different machines. For a workaround i'll continue to do things on separate machines (a 32bit and a 64bit) and copy the results over to my server unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Carl

p.s. Thanks to everyone that works on fai, its incredibly useful.

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]