On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 12:21:25PM +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > I keep getting random MD5Sum errors, and sometimes even base.tgz doesn't
>     > unpack cleanly.
> Mmmm. If something went wrong, check the cable. No kidding!

Done that. Used several ones, different ports on switches (went
directly into core switch, and connected to an edge switch as well).
Tried both interfaces to make sure there was no interference with
the IPMI card. Even unplugged the IPMI.

> Do you use NFS over UDP on Gbit? Don't do this. With Gbit you should
> use TCP for NFS, which is default with FAI 3.

I installed >600 nodes using this setup (all Opterons), and only this
particular Woodcrest machine causes trouble.
I started memtest (1.65+) but that one doesn't know about the chipset
so I probably won't see any problems.

Starting Knoppix failed as well, but I have to confirm that first.

>     > And BTW, is there a simple way to check the file integrity of a Debian
>     > mirror repository?
> If you manage your mirror using debmirror, I would use adding the
> option --md5sums.

What about my own packages?

Steffen