Hi Michael,

On 03/14/2011 06:44 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I wouldn't really feel comfortable with this happening in a softupdate because
> it is rm -rf $FAI, i.e., has a variable as target. Why not just bail out with
> an
> error in this case? Now if you really intend to change the URL or scheme you'd
> possibly be updating fai.conf manually or via a FAI-scripted operation.
> Therefore you could also include the code to do this rm -rf in that round.

it's not at all obvious to me how to do this within a FAI hook/postinst
without breaking the rest of the current softupdate run.

How about this: if STDOUT is a terminal, prompt the user whether to rm
-rf, otherwise abort with an error? Of course we should also check for
the case of just an empty directory, which can be safely deleted.

Regards,
Michael