Hi all,

I experienced (again) a phenomenon that is IMO "unconvinient".
It's not new I know it for a lot of fai versions, but maybe someone has a nice solution meanwhile
or it could be fixed in the future?

I like to install the nodes using pxe.
When installing server with multiple NIC, I usually want to set fai-chboot -IF only for ONE interface.
That works fine for the boot, kernel and initrd get loaded.
But than the initrd is ... IMHO unnecessarily probing for other NICs.
It finds them, they -  unfortunately - get also ip adresses.
Next the system tries to mount the nfsroot with one of the other nics, not eth0
and fails (with premission denied, although the address would be allowed in /etc/exports).

My solution to unplug all other NIC for the installation works but obviously isn't a real solution ;-)

I think one could hack the initrd the way that it uses the same NIC to mount the nfsroot than the one
the system used to boot.
Shouldn't that be the default or am I missing something.

best regards

Bernhard