fai-nfsroot description states that:

     This package contains the software that is only needed in
     the FAI nfsroot. Do not install this package on a normal machine.

Does that means that it is pulled automatically when building the nfsroot
or by the client? If  not, should I intsall it explicitly on a fai-server?
Is this package mentioned  by some fai related script?

  As an aside, there were some discussions about a suitable organization of
the debian archive in view of the number of packages. It looks to me natural  to
let each package span a directory. In that way all the fai-* packages could be
summarised by  a single description. Only interested people would then look
at the detailed description of each of the fai-* packages. I believe there are
many
packages that has the structure of app_name-*.