Hi,

On 1/13/06, Gavin Tran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had this error while installing FAI
>
> Starting automounter: loading autofs4 kernel module, FATAL: could not
> find /lib/modules/2.6.8-fai/modules.dep: No such file or directory
>
> I've checked the /lib/modules/2.6.8-fai , and there's modules.dep inside.

The 2.6.8-fai kernel package is normally only installed in the
nfsroot, whereas you probably want to install the automounter package
in the target system, not the nfsroot, so it confuses me a bit that
you say, you have that modules directory in place.

Is the automounter packages correctly installed on the running system
after that or not?

Henning