Thomas Lange a écrit :
PLEASE, NO HTML MAILS!
Sorry !
I will not do this "noob error" again.

To keep this thread clear, here there is the text version of the mail (no HTML inside :))

//**************************************************************************************************
Hello,

I am trying to setup FAI with Ubuntu 7.10.
Following the documentation, I got an FAI server running (but buggy) and a
client booting from PXE.

*) The first thing I don't understand is why the NFSROOT is located in
/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir after doing "fai-setup"
According to /etc/exports (automaticly generated) the server exports /srv/fai/nfsroot (as
a "ro" filesystem).

So nfs-client install cannot mount the device saying:
"mount failed 13
"mount: device is busy
And endless loop on this message.

*) The second question is "Do I have to change PXE boot definition to point on
"/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir" ?

I've already tried to do so, and I get messages saying that filesystem is "read only" (so
it can't "touch" or write some files).
Seems to be fine because this filesystem has to be mounted as a "live system"
during install process.

So why do it try to write something in it ?

Thanks for help or suggestions :)

--
Jerome Castang

Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]