Steffen Grunewald <steffen.grunew...@aei.mpg.de> writes:

On Mon, 2022-05-09 at 21:50:23 -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
I have some oddball hardware I want to use FAI on. It has a 64-bit CPU, but its UEFI BIOS only supports 32-bits. I can manually install with the Debian multi-arch image[1], which has a 32-bit bootloader, but correctly installs
amd64 kernel and packages.

Is there a way to get FAI to do something similar?

I may not fully understand your problem, but wouldn't FAI just detect the
availability of UEFI (via /sys/)?

Relevant background here is that I’m booting FAI off a CD image, because this hardware doesn’t have Ethernet. The image doesn’t even boot, because it has a 64-bit bootloader which the computer’s 32-bit UEFI can’t use. So it can’t make any decisions based on what’s in /sys.

 -- Ian

Antwort per Email an