Diese Nachricht wurde eingewickelt um DMARC-kompatibel zu sein. Die
eigentliche Nachricht steht dadurch in einem Anhang.

This message was wrapped to be DMARC compliant. The actual message
text is therefore in an attachment.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi all,

I am currently installing FAI to manage several CS hands-on labs using Debian 12
bookworm.
Student authentication is managed using NIS. I created a NIS class in FAI
config, and added the packages nis, unscd and libnss-nis to package_config/NIS.

For some reason, the ypbind service is not started nor enabled upon reboot after
installation. It is correctly installed and configured (as long as I can figure
out), but I have to run "systemctl enable ypbind" and "systemctl start ypbind"
manually on each machine before it starts working.

I tried to add the two lines before to scripts/NIS/90-misc but then I get this
error during install:

scripts.log:Failed to enable unit, unit ypbind.service does not exist.

I also tried to add

ln -s /lib/systemd/system/ypbind.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-
user.target.wants

or

/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable ypbind

in the script instead, but it won't work either. "systemctl enable" will only
work correctly after first reboot.

I cannot find any other error related to ypbind in the logs.

Any clues? Maybe it is a bug in the Debian ypbind package?

Yours,

--
Julien Vion
Maitre de conférences