Tks for the fast answer.
I'll have to dig a bit deeper (never used debootstrap explicitly), so it will take a bit more to fully understand.

Diego

Il 16/01/2024 10:43, Henning Glawe ha scritto:
Moin,

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 10:22:42AM +0100, Diego Zuccato wrote:
Is it possible to use a single FAI server to install multiple Debian
releases (to different machines, obv)?

I'm currently installing bullseye, but I'd like to start testing
bookworm deployments.
I can't find a howto for setting up multiple NFSROOTs (better if with no
changes to the current one, to avoid breaking the working setup).

You can install multiple debian (and even ubuntu) releases from the
same nfsroot, if you run ``debootstrap`` at installtime.

All you have to do is to delete the pre-built base tarball after building
the nfsroot and provide the right settings in your fai config.

We use a hook

--- /etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/50remove-base-tar ---
#!/bin/bash
rm -f $NFSROOT/var/tmp/base.t*

and set, depending on the target host classes ``$FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP`` and
``$FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS``, e.g.:

--- $FAI/class/BOOKWORM.var --------------------
#!/bin/bash
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="bookworm http://mpsd-deb-bookworm.desy.de/debian";
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--include=aptitude,gnupg"

FAI then runs debootstrap with the given options when installing.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia

Antwort per Email an