Trond Myklebust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Without such a library, it is pointless to contemplate "other callers".
> With such a library, you will have a single point for switching between
> 32bit and 64 bit.

"Other callers" include such as busybox, sash and uClinux. I'm not sure about
such as Perl, but Perl is hardly in the same class as the other three.
Admittedly, a library is probably the right way to do it - libmount or some
such thing.

> Then can we kill the PPC64 binary structure and substitute PPC32?

Whilst I might be happy to, I'm not sure I can speak for everyone. You can
also use i386 mount on x86_64 for instance; and possibly s390 on s390x,
sparc32 on sparc64 and mips32 on mips64.

David