On 2 May 2007, at 09:23, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
On 1 May 2007, at 23:30, Andreas Dilger wrote:

On May 01, 2007  14:22 +1000, David Chinner wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 04:44:01PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
Hmm, I'd thought "offline" would migrate to EXTENT_UNKNOWN, but I didn't

I disagree - why would you want to indicate the state is unknown when we know
very well that it is offline?

If you don't like "UNKNOWN", what about "UNMAPPED"?  I just want a
catch-all flag that indicates "this extent contains data but there is
nothing sensible to be returned for the extent mapping."

I like UNMAPPED. I even use it in NTFS internally for extents maps that have not been read into memory yet. (-:

Oops, I use NOT_MAPPED in NTFS rather than UNMAPPED but I still like UNMAPPED, too. (-:

Best regards,

        Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/