Hello,

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Norbert Federa wrote:

> Hi Ben!
>
> Thx for your answer.
> Just one more question:
> What is not implemented yet?
> Do you mean the ext2fs-support for different PageCacheSizes
> or the kernel in general?

The filesystems will need to be audited.  The mm subsystem will need a
fair chunk of changes to understand that a single page is not necessarily
mapped at a 0 offset from the beginning of a page cache page; we will
still need to support PAGE_SIZE'd offsets of mappings if we want
applications to continue to work.  Then the memory allocator will require
tweaking to ensure that fragmentation doesn't pose any major problems.

> What would have to be changed if I would like to do this?

Lots.  Stabilising 2.4 is much more important right now.

                -ben