I actually heard this quite some time ago and I always use it in any
example where people are already using ext3 in a production
environment.  Are there more cases of ext3 in production?

Someone asked this question:

ok ... to clarify ... ext3 _guarantees_ consistent file system metadata
or empirically, it tends to be robust about maintaining consistent
file system metadata across abrupt reboots?

reiserfs, jfs, etc. all _guarantee_ this condition.

So I'm really not sure what this means because I thought the *point*
of a journalling filesystem was the above question.

Thanks
-jeremy

--

http://www.xxedgexx.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]