Hi - thanks for the response.

Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> What do you mean by "disconnecting": what's your failure scenario and
> how do you expect it to be handled?

The disconnection is the loss of the intersite link which interrupts
heartbeat comms.

In this case it's expected that both sites will acquire the resources and
become active.

However, what I want to happen is that one of the sites will give up the
resources again when it sees that the other site is up again.

Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> Running daemons are not guaranteed (arguably, expected) to notice when
> the network cable is unplugged. You have to monitor the link and restart
> all processes that bind()/listen() on the interface.
>
> If your nodes are at different sites, you need to also deal with the
> loss of link at the switch, gateway, etc., and figure out which one is
> still connected to the Internet -- and gets to keep the VIP. Which in
> general can't be done from the nodes themselves.

Yes - in this case neither site has to be connected to the internet, this is
more an internal load balancing act between two connected sites in a
customers network.

What I found is that by setting "auto_failback on" in ha.cf at both sites
the site/node listed in haresources will keep the resources when the link is
re-established and the other site will release the resources.

This is the result I was looking for.

Regards
Jack