On 12/21/2012 08:14 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <50d341c3.1040...@bmrb.wisc.edu>:
> Hi!
>
> So (pseudo-code following)
>
> if (host(NFS_server) == host(NFS_client))
>     rmdir(mountpoint);
>     ln -s export_dir mountpoint
> else
>     makedir(mountpoint);
>     mount(NFS_Server:export_dir, mountpoint)

Hmm - I was trying to something similar using bind mounts instead of
symlinks which is more compatible to applications which may probe for
DIRECTORIES and not also SYMLINKS.

Unfortunately at least for SAP Workloads this is not an option, because
all Instances must be killed to switch from a bind mount to an NFS mount
and vice versa. This would decrease the availability of the Application
level. The problem are already opened file handels which can't be
shifted from the bind-Mount to the NFS-mount. For all files and
directories which are only opened after the FS switch that might be OK,
but again that would also mean to kill all application processes using
the FS.

I do not see that this would be a fissible solution.

Kind regards
Fabian