Hi,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 04:04:46PM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> On 01/10/14 03:58 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Digimer <li...@alteeve.ca> wrote:
> >

> >>Personally, I would not upgrade. If you do, you will want to test outside
> >>of production first.
> >>

> >Of course, I would always do that anyway,  even without a major version
> >  number change.
> >

> >>Corosync needed cman to be a quorum provider in the 1.x series. In 2.x, it
> >>became it's own quorum provider and cman was no longer needed. Last I heard
> >>upstream, pacemaker on EL6 is only supported on corosync 1.4 + cman.
> >

> >There is a pacemaker update too, to   1.1.12+git20140723.483f48a-1.1
> >
> >I'm sure you're not concerned about paid support, but it does mean that the
> >>corosync 1.4 stack is much better tested on EL6 than 2.x is.
> >>

> >OK, thanks. What I am really trying to figure out is exactly what the
> >  network_ha-clustering_Stable repo is for. Presumably, from the name, they
> >wouldn't put anything in there that isn't ready for production?
> >
> >--Greg
>
> Who runs the repo? It's not a name I am familiar with.

The repository is currently maintained by people from the SUSE HA
team, on the best effort basis.*) The project is open for
contributions and if there are people willing to contribute to
packaging and testing, please take a look here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable

The Stable means that the packages are considered to be stable by
the upstream (or by the project maintainer).

Cheers,

Dejan

*) I believe that Tim Serong at some time announced these
repositories with a much more thorough description and
expectations.