On 1/16/2015 8:39 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2015-01-16T11:56:04, "EXTERNAL Konold Martin (erfrakon,
RtP2/TEF72)" <external.martin.kon...@de.bosch.com> wrote:

I have been told that support for DRBD is supposed to be phased
out  from both SLES and RHEL in the near future.

This is massively incorrect for SLE HA. (drbd is part of the HA add-on,
not SLES.) We have absolutely no such plans, and will continue to
support drbd as part of our offerings.

Where did you hear that?

Don't know about RHEL but on Centos you get DRBD from ELRepo, not even EPEL, so I expect it has not been in the RHEL for quite some time. Unless RedHat's offering it as a separate add-on to their paying customers (but the last rumour I heard was they wouldn't do it 'cause they didn't want to share the loot with linbit).

Dima