Hi Dejan,

16.02.2015 13:47, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:20:16AM +0300, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
16.02.2015 11:15, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
Vladislav Bogdanov <bub...@hoster-ok.com> writes:

Hi Kristoffer,

may be it is worth to silently (or at least with rc=0) allow deletion of
non-existing or already-deleted configuration statements?

Background for that is that I keep track of the all configuration
statements myself, and, when I delete some resources (together with
accompanying constraints), they may go "out-of-order" to 'crm configure
delete', thus some constraints are automatically deleted when deleting
"lower" resource before the "upper" one. That leads to the whole crm
script to fail.

crmsh tries hard to preserve the CIB sanity on removing elements.
It would be best that you just put all the elements you want to
delete on one line.

That's a really good idea, I'll look into this.

Hmm, I am not sure about doing this by default, since we would want to
show some kind of indication that a resource name may have been
misspelled for example... But I can imagine having a command line flag
for being more flexible in this regard.

Reuse '-F'?

I will look at how it works now.

BTW, I suspect that passing the --wait flag to crm while running
commands in this way may help you.

The --wait option effectively waits for the PE to settle. It is
normally useful only in resource/node levels and on configure
commit.

Although I am not sure I entirely
understand what it is you are doing :)

Look:
crm configure
primitive a ...
primitive b ...
colocation b-with-a inf: b a
commit
exit

crm configure
delete a
delete b-with-a <= fails because is already deleted automatically

You can also omit removing constraints as they are going to be
removed with the resources they reference.

Unless the same function is used to remove just constraints too (like in my case - I compare old and new definition of an object with constraints and remove stale ones).

Anyways, thanks for pointer to multi-object deletes!

Best,
Vladislav

Cheers,

Dejan