On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:16:38PM +0100, Yogendramummaneni Prasad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At the moment, we are using heartbeat on RedHat-5.8 using the below
> packages:
> [root@p118278vaps2011 ~]# rpm -qa|grep heartbeat
> heartbeat-2.1.4-11.el5
> heartbeat-stonith-2.1.4-11.el5
> heartbeat-pils-2.1.4-11.el5
>

> Now we are planning to upgrade the OS to Redhat-7.0.
> I could not find the same heartbeat packages for RedHat-7.0 on the internet.
>
> Could you please confirm if the heartbeat packages are available for
> RedHat-7.0

Those versions are almost seven years old.

You can use heartbeat 3.0.6 (if you only use "haresources" mode).

If you use "crm" mode, you need to realize that the "crm" component
has been split off into its own project years ago: Pacemaker.

For "CRM" mode, if you want to stick with heartbeat, you use
heartbeat 3.0.6 and Pacemaker 1.1.12 (with LINBIT patches),
or Pacemaker 1.1.13 (soon to be released, including those patches).

If you don't have any particular reason to keep using heartbeat,
the recommended cluster stack is Corosync + Pacemaker,
which is what you get with the RHEL 7 "native" HA cluster.

For more about Pacemaker, visit clusterlabs.org,
subscribe to us...@clusterlabs.org,
or join on freenode #clusterlabs

--
: Lars Ellenberg