On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Ferenc Wágner <wf...@niif.hu> wrote:

> Looks like your VM resource was destroyed (maybe due to the xen balloon
> errors above), and the monitor operation noticed this.

Thank you for helping me interpret that. I think what happened is that the
VM in question (radnets) is the only one that did not have maxmem specified
in the config file. It probably suffered memory pressure and the hypervisor
tried to give it more memory, but ballooning is turned off in the
hypervisor. That's probably where the balloon errors come from. The VM
probably got hung up because it ran out of memory, causing the monitor to
fail.

There is a little guesswork going on here, because I do not fully
understand how Xen ballooning works (or is supposed to work), but it seems
like I should set maxmem for this VM like all the others, and I increased
it's available memory as well. Now I just wait and see if it happens again.

--Greg