On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Dan wrote:

> At a hamfest last weekend, a company was offering a *decent* dualbander
> for a really good price that was PC programmable. I asked the gal if there
> was support for linux, or if the protocol for their radio was available. I
> came to find out she didn't know about the protocol, and she wasn't aware
> of any other OS's than Windows. I sighed and moved on..
>
> It's not long until the unclean masses start demanding linux support from
> their vendors..and im excited to wait.

I have made the same experiences at the HAM Radio fair last month.

Several of the exhibitors of good dos/win software were not willing to
do a port of their software because linux has no market share yet.

But others are willing to do so and I am looking forward to see
their products in the future...

Regards, Kai
--
Kai Altenfelder, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaeckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nuernberg
Tel.: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-3206727, EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]